The NBIA Disorders Association is a small, collaborative organization, and our impact multiplies with each new team member who shares his or her story and hosts a fundraiser.
Our staff is dedicated to providing support and resources to individuals and loved ones affected by NBIA.
Fundraising is crucial to the work we do. We are entirely funded by our families, friends, and sponsors, including private and corporate foundations. Our small team ensures that every donation, no matter the size, goes the longest way possible. Otherwise, we could not fulfill our mission to provide support to families, educate the public and accelerate research with collaborators from around the world.
You can support us by raising funds for the NBIA Disorders Association. There are many fun and creative ways for you to raise money. Possibilities include:
- Sharing your story and asking people to give a donation
- Asking for donations instead of birthday gifts
- Participating in one of the larger events in which NBIA Disorders Association is involved
- Organizing a run or walk
- Hosting a casual dinner party for friends, neighbors and colleagues
- Holding a golf tournament
- Organizing a bake sale, dessert party or pancake breakfast
- Hosting a house party where a portion of the sales of a product are donated
- Hosting an awareness event at a local fair/school/church/synagogue
- Hosting a tournament at your local school, roller-skating rink or bowling alley
- Organizing a dinner/dance with a silent auction
We have several campaign pages you can tell people about via email or your social media activities. People can give online, or mail a check. Or you can create your own fundraising page using our FirstGiving site.
FirstGiving is a secure, online service and a terrific way to promote your cause and raise support for it at the same time. With FirstGiving’s resources and tools, you can easily create your own personal fundraising page that allows you to:
• Set a goal and track your progress
• Add photos and captions to personalize your page
• Write a message to let folks know why you’re raising funds
• Write a thank you note that is automatically sent to supporters after a gift is received
The donations are sent directly to NBIA Disorders Association.
Visit www.firstgiving.com/NBIAdisorders to see how others have used this resource.
Need some help getting started? NBIA Disorders Association is here to help!
For ideas and assistance contact Colleen Lukoff, Development Director, at 760-402-5686, or clukoff@NBIAdisorders.org.