MPAN Grant Call Now Open!
A new grant call for is underway for Mitochondrial membrane Protein-Associated Neurodegeneration (MPAN).
Deadline for proposal submission: May 2, 2022, 24:00 CEST
MPAN is caused by mutations in the C19Orf12 gene and is one of the four most prevalent within the group of ten Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation (NBIA) disorders. For an overview see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK185329/
Areas of Interest:
• Uncovering the structural and/or functional properties of the C19Orf12 protein
• revealing the functional and molecular effects of various genetic mutations underlying MPAN
• developing new disease models or studying existing ones to shed light on mechanisms
Funds in the amount of $145,000 USD are made available through contributions by NBIA Disorders Association (US), Associazione Italiana Sindromi Neurodegenerative da Accumulo di Ferro (Italy), Hoffnungsbaum e.V. (Germany), and Stichting Ijzersterk (The Netherlands).
Applicants may submit a grant application for either one or two years or both, to allow for flexibility and the different needs of researchers. Multiple grants may be awarded if two one-year grants are considered most worthy of funding.
• up to $70,000 USD for a one-year project
• up to $145,000 USD for a two-year project
Call documents with detailed information are available here:
https://cloud.hoffnungsbaum.de/s/fq9DZ5yA8KiCEy8 and they include:
• Request for Proposals / Proposal guidelines MPAN 2022
• Draft grant agreement MPAN 2022
• Templates, to be submitted in one pdf file: cover letter, PI bio, main proposal
Applicants may contact the grant manager at email@example.com with any questions.
Upcoming Funding Opportunity
The 2022 Million Dollar Bike Ride Pilot Grant Program will open in August 2022, for BPAN research.